Sergeant Major Brane Petreski
Sergeant Major Brane Petreski was born in 1972 in Prilep. After finishing his elementary education in Skopje, he continues his military education at the Secondary Military School of the Land Forces in Saraevo and Belgrade.
He starts his military career in Velika buna, Zagreb, and after the founding of the Army; he was a signals sections commander within the 1st Signals Regimen in the garrison in Skopje. Over the course of his military career he has held several command and staff duties at tactical, operational and strategic level.
He has upgraded his military education finishing the Sergeant Major Academy (USASMA) in El Paso, the USA, from 2006 to 2007. He has completed many courses related to professional military education in the country and abroad, NATO Operations Course, Evaluators Course according to the OCCE&F Concept, NATO Orientation for senior NCOs and many more. He has participated in numerous military exercises in the country and abroad, among which are the series exercises “Macedonian Flash” (2010-2015), and in 2017 he participated in one rotation of the mission “Resolute Support” in I.R. of Afghanistan. He upgraded his civilian education finishing the Faculty of Philology- Turkish language and literature at the”St. Cyril and Methodius” in Skopje.
He has been rewarded and commended many times, among other he received Certificate of Commendation for results accomplished in CTE in 2012, Reward Leave by the Chief of GS of the Army in 2018 and Monetary award from the MOD in 2018.
He actively uses English and Turkish.
He is married and father of two daughters.
- Radio Signals Operator CEI and AEA, Velika Buna from 1990 to 1992;
- Signals Section Commander, Skopje from 1992 to 1993;
- Radio Signals Operator CEI and AEA, Skopje from 1993 to 1999;
- Operator Technician, Skopje from 1999 to 2000;
- 1st NCO in Signals Company, Skopje from 2000 to 2001;
- Section Commander and TA Quartermaster, Skopje from 2001 to 2002;
- Quartermaster and instructor for conducting classes at the Military Academy, Skopje from 2002 to 2006;
- Chief NCO at the Military Hospital, Skopje from 2007 to 2009;
- Chief NCO for Training in G-3/ GS, Skopje from 2009 to 2013;
- Training NCO at J-7/GS, Skopje from 2013 to 2015;
- Chief NCO in a Command Company, Kumanovo from 2015 to 2016;
- Infantry Battalion Sergeant Major, Kumanovo from 2016 to 2018;
- Executive NCO of Chief of GS Cabinet, Skopje from 2018 to 2020;
- Command Sergeant Major of the Army, Skopje from November
- Sergeant 1990-1993;
- Sergeant 1 class 1993-1997;
- Staff Sergeant 1997-2003;
- Staff Sergeant 1 class 2003-2009;
- Master Sergeant 2009-2016;
- Chief Master Sergeant 2016.