Organization, coordination and realization of individual training of soldiers, cadets, non-commissioned officers and officers from the active and reserve personnel, support of the collective training of the commands and units of the Army and development of Doctrines and lessons learned in the Army.
- Preparation and development of Plans and Programmes for individual training of soldiers, cadets, non-commissioned officers and officers from the active and reserve personnel of the Army;
- Realization of the basic military training of soldiers serving voluntarily in the Army, cadets and candidates for officers in the servicess in the Army;
- Realisation of the training of the professional soldiers and non-commissioned officers and their continuous professional development;
- Realization of language training for the needs of the Ministry of Defence and the Army;
- Raising and training official dogs and training of official dogs leaders;
- Support of the collective forms of training and exercises of the units of the Army;
- Support of the water training and winter conditions training;
- Development of doctrines, regulations, instructions, manuals and lessons learned in the Army.
Brigadier General Metodi Hadzi Janev
Brigadier General Metodi Hadzi Janev was born in 1976 in Shtip. He graduated High School in his hometown and continued with military education at the Military Academy “General Mihajlo Apostolski” in Skopje. After the graduation at the Academy in 1999, he started his military career as a Commander of the Counter- Terrorist team. Besides the commanding duties during his military career he was also a Defense Attaché of Republic of North Macedonia in USA (Nonresident military counselor at the Permanent mission of Republic of North Macedonia in the United Nation in New York). He led the first tour of Macedonian special units in the mission “Freedom for Iraq”. His education was upgraded with postgraduate studies in International Law and International Relations at the Faculty of Law “Iustinuanus Primus” in Skopje, postgraduate studies (United Stated Air Command and Staff College Maxwell, Alabama, USA) and did a Doctorate in Law, International Law at the Faculty of Law “Iustinuanus Primus” in Skopje. On several occasions he held the post of a co-director in the NATO Centre of Excellence Defense against Terrorism in Ankara, Turkey; and as a part of the team of this Centre he was also a Director of an advanced course for planning and reaching decisions in counter terrorism operations, intended for senior officers of the European Command in Strasburg. Among else he is an author and coauthor of several works published in scientific and professional journals, world renowned magazines with an impact factor, and also an author of works which are published as chapters in student books. The Brigadier has graduated several courses such as advanced course for officers for counter guerilla operations, course for counter terrorism and illegal drug trafficking, course for international and military operations in accordance with the law at the institute for defensive and international law studies in USA, course for Generals and Admirals at the School for joint and combined warfare, The University of the Joint Forces of USA, Norfolk, Virginia and other courses in the area of the special operations in the country and abroad. He has published several books (“Countering Terrorism in South Eastern Europe”, “Handbook of Research on Civil Society and National Security in the Era of Cyber Warfare”, “Regional Post-ISAF Engagement: Lessons Learned and Legacy for A5 Countries Future Expeditionary Missions”, “Detective Tactics and Tactical Combat Procedures for Detectives”), “Freedom for Iraq: The Road to Babylon”, several engagements as invited lecturer on several Conferences, Universities and Training Centers of NATO and the Peace Partnership. Has been awarded with: Medal for Military Merits by the State Defense Secretary of the USA, Plaque of the Military Academy for special contribution in the work of the Military Academy on the occasion of the 20th founding anniversary of the Military Academy, Plaque of the Army of Republic of North Macedonia for achieved results in the performance of the tasks during the “Freedom for Iraq” mission, Silver Badge by the Chief of General Staff of the Army of North Macedonia for achieved results in the performance of the international missions in Iraq, Commendations on two occasions for achieved results in the line of duty by the Defense Minister, a watch by the President of Republic of North Macedonia as one of the three top ranged cadets in the class. He is fluid in English language (speaks, researches, teaches and creates), basic knowledge in German language.
Commander of Counter – Terrorist team, 1999-2001;
Commander of Command Company, 2001-2003;
Commander of Counter- Terrorist Company, 1995-1998;
Chief of S-3 in the Battalion of Special Tasks, 2004-2006;
Chief of Staff in the Battalion of Special Tasks, 2006-2009;
Deputy Commander of the Battalion of Special Tasks, 2009-2011;
Head of the Department of Social Studies at the “General Mihailo Apostolski” Military Academy, Skopje, 2011-2013;
Teaching and SR Vice-Dean at the “General Mihajlo Apostolski” Military Academy, Skopje, 2013-2015;
Defense Attaché of Republic of Macedonia in the USA (Nonresident military advisor at the Permanent mission of Republic of North Macedonia in the United Nation in New York), 2015-2017;
Adjutant to the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of Republic of North Macedonia, 2017-2019;
Special Operations Regiment Commander, 2018;
Training and Doctrines Command Commander from 2019.
Second Lieutenant 1999;
Lieutenant Colonel 2011;
Brigadier General 2017.
Colonel Stojanche Todorov
Colonel Stojanche Todorov was born on 10th July 1973 in Sveti Nikole. He finishes High School education in the Military Gymnasium in Belgrade, Republic of Serbia. He continues his military education at the Military Academy “General Mihajlo Apostolski in Skopje in the period from 1995 to 1999. After graduation he starts his military career as a Mechanized Infantry Platoon Commander in 2/1 MIB.
During his military career he has performed command and staff duties and has participated in multi-national exercises. As a contingent commander he led a force protection unit at the ISAF HQ, thus enriching his military experience.
As a commander of Medium Infantry Battalion and Medium Combat Group he had accomplished interoperability assessment cycle level 1 and combat readiness, level 2 of declared units in performing life fire training with a Battalion and a Battalion Combat Group.
He upgrades his military education within combat and staff academies of Turkish Armed Forces. First, he graduates the Land Command and Staff Academy in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2007-2008 and after that he finishes the National Defense School in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2015. He has also finished various courses among which Turkish Language Course in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2001-2002, Company Commander Course in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2002; Battalion Commander Course in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2005 and other courses in the use of mechanized units in urban combat and internal security operations.
He received his master’s degree at the Combat and Staff Academy of the Turkish Armed Forces on the topic “Management of National and International Defense and Leadership Strategies.”
- Mechanized Infantry Company Commander in 2/1 MIB, 2001-2006;
- Chief of S3 in the Headquarters of 2/1 MIB, 2006-2008;
- Deputy Commander of 2/1 MIB, 2008-2009;
- Commander of 2/1 MIB, 2009-2016;
- Chief of Staff of 1MIB, 2016-2017;
- TRADOC Deputy Commander since 8th August 2017.
- 2nd Lieutenant 1999-2000
- Lieutenant 2000-2003
- Captain 2003-2007
- Major 2007-2012
- Lieutenant Colonel 2012-2017
Sergeant Major Ljupcho Stojkov
Sergeant Major Ljupco Stojkov was born on July 15, 1973 in the settlement Chaska, Veles, Republic of Macedonia. He completed his secondary education in Sarajevo and Banja Luka Military High Schools, branch OME. After completing his military education, he began his military career as a Watchtower Commander, Bitola (1993-2000). During his military career he carried out many command duties and participated in numerous courses and international missions such as “Resolute Support” in Kabul, Afghanistan 2017/2018, thus enriching his military experience. He has completed several military courses including a Counter Terrorism Instructor Course, Observation and Surveillance Course, Guardian Angel Course, Afghanistan 2018, Life Saver Course – Kabul, Afghanistan 2018.
He graduated from NCO School in Zagreb, R. Croatia, from 2008 to 2009.
Awards and Decorations:
- Army commendation medal, Kabul, Afghanistan 2018;
- The Non-Article 5 NATO medal, Kabul, Afghanistan
- First Sergeant in Armoured Company, Shtip (2000-2002);
- NCO for Logistic Support and Procurement on a national level, Shtip (2002-2006);
- NCO for Training in 1st LogBn, Shtip (2006-2007);
- Sergeant Major in the Centre for Individual Training, Veles (2007-2013);
- Command Sergeant Major in the Training and Doctrine Command, Veles (2013-2015);
- Command Sergeant Major in the Joint Operations Command (2015-2018);
- Operations NCO in J3 JOC (2018-2019);
- Command Sergeant Major in the Training and Doctrine Command, Veles (2019).
- Sergeant 1993-1996;
- Sergeant 1st class 1996-2000;
- Staff Sergeant 2000-2001;
- Staff sergeant 1st class 2001-2007;
- Master Sergeant 2007-2012;
- Sergeant Major 2012.
Captain Cvetanka Velkovska
Captain Cvetanka Velkovska was born on 7, December 1991 in Veles. She completed her secondary education in ‘Kocho Racin’ grammar school – natural sciences and mathematics. She continued her education at the Military Academy ‘General Mihajlo Apostolski’ in Skopje. After completing her military education she started her military career as Platoon commander for maintenance at the 3rd Logistics Support Company in Veles. In her career she has performed many command duties and has participated in different courses and military exercises, like the regional military exercise 2019 ‘REGEX 19’ in Veles, which contributed to her military experience. She has attended many courses and seminars, for example, the Biological Weapon and Toxicology Basic Training in Krushevac, Serbia; International course for NBC Trainers for first contact with NBC incidents, Bulgaria; a seminar and a visit to the NATO Headquarters in Brussels, to the Mission of the Republic of North Macedonia to the NATO and to the Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe (SHAPE) located in Mons, Belgium and others which also added to her military experience.
- Platoon Commander for maintenance in the 3rd Logistics Support Company in Veles, 2014 – 2015
- Platoon Commander for decontamination in the NBC Company in Skopje, 2015 – 2016
- Platoon Commander for supplies and transport in the 3rd Logistics Support Company in Veles and Company Deputy Commander, 2016 – 2019
- Commander of the 1st team for training of professional soldiers, 2019
- Public relations officer since 31.12.2019
- Second Lieutenant 2014 – 2016
- Lieutenant 2016 – 2019
- Captain 2019
- English language
With the object of improving the quality of the training of the Army several centers for basic and specialized individual training of the soldiers were established in 1996, whereas collective training was done within the units. Centers for training of: infantry, artillery, logistics, border guards, military police and reconnaissance were founded.
With the reducing of the Army on 19 March 2001 the Training Command of the Army of the Republic of Macedonia was formed at the Goce Delchev barracks in Skopje with three training centers: Infantry Training Center (Bitola), Border Guards Center (Veles) and the Branches and Services Center (Skopje).
On 15 December 2006, with the implementation of the regulations of the Defence Strategic Review and the dynamic plan for transformation of the units, the Training Command is transformed and its structure consists of:
- Individual Training Center (Veles),
- Dog training and dressage Center (Gjorche Petrov, Skopje),
- Foreign Language Center (Goce Delchev , Skopje),
- Training Area Krivolak (Krivolak),
- Water Training Center (Ohrid),
- Winter Conditions Training Center (Popova Shapka) and
- Firing Range Petrovec (Petrovec).
Starting from March 2010,the Cadet Training Center (Goce Delchev, Skopje) was added to the structure of the Training Command.
In 2012,at the Training Area Krivolak a Training Support Center was formed which consists of :Water Training Center-Ohrid, Winter Conditions Training Center Popova Shapka and the Firing Range Petrovec.
Moreover, a Preparation of doctrines, regulations and lessons learned Center is added to the structure of the Training and Doctrine Command in Veles.