Organization, coordination and realization of individual training of soldiers, cadets, non-commissioned officers and officers from the active and reserve personnel, support of the collective training of the commands and units of the Army and development of Doctrines and lessons learned in the Army.
- Preparation and development of Plans and Programmes for individual training of soldiers, cadets, non-commissioned officers and officers from the active and reserve personnel of the Army;
- Realization of the basic military training of soldiers serving voluntarily in the Army, cadets and candidates for officers in the servicess in the Army;
- Realisation of the training of the professional soldiers and non-commissioned officers and their continuous professional development;
- Realization of language training for the needs of the Ministry of Defence and the Army;
- Raising and training official dogs and training of official dogs leaders;
- Support of the collective forms of training and exercises of the units of the Army;
- Support of the water training and winter conditions training;
- Development of doctrines, regulations, instructions, manuals and lessons learned in the Army.
Brigadier General Metodi Hadji-Janev
Date and Place of Birth:
15.06.1976, Shtip, Republic of Macedonia.
- Military Academy “Mihailo Apostolski”, Skopje, 1995-1999;
- Postgraduate Studies in International Law and International Relations – Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus”, Skopje, 1999-2003;
- Postgraduate Studies (United States Air Command and Staff College Maxwell, Alabama, USA), 2007-2008;
- Doctoral Studies in Law, International Law – Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus”, Skopje, 2006-2009.
- Advanced Counter-Guerilla Operations Course, Cardiff, Great Britain, 1999;
- Summer Alpine Climbing Course, Andermatt, Switzerland, 2000;
- Skiing and Winter Alpine Climbing Course, Andermatt, Switzerland, 2002;
- Counter-Terrorism and Illegal Drug Trafficking Course, Ankara, Republic of Turkey, 2002;
- Leaders of the 21st Century Course in “George Marshall European Center for Security Studies”, Germany, 2004;
- Course on International and Military Operations in Accordance with the Law, Defense Institute of International Legal Studies – U.S. Naval War College, USA, 2005;
- Course on Legal Aspects in the Fight Against Terrorism, Defense Institute of International Legal Studies – U.S. Naval War College, USA, 2005;
- Crises Management Course, United States Institute of Peace, USA, 2005;
- Democratic Control of Armed Forces Course, RACVIAC, Zagreb, Republic of Croatia, 2006;
- Joint and Combined Warfighting Course, Course for Generals and Admirals at the Joint and Combined Warfighting School, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Virginia, USA, 2009.
- Counter-Terrorist Team Commander, 1999-2001;
- Command Company Commander, 2001-2003;
- Counter-Terrorist Company Commander, 1995-1998;
- Chief of С-3 at the Special Forces Battalion, 2004-2006;
- Chief of Staff at the Special Forces Battalion, 2006-2009;
- Special Forces Battalion Deputy Commander, 2009-2011;
- Head of the Department for Social Sciences at the Military Academy “Mihailo Apostolski”, Skopje, 2011-2013;
- Vice-Dean for Education, Science and Research at the Military Academy “Mihailo Apostolski”, Skopje, 2013-2015;
- Defence Attaché of the Republic of Macedonia to the USA (at the same time, Non-resident Military Advisor in the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Macedonia to the UN in New York), 2015- 2017;
- Adjutant to the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Macedonia, 2017-2019;
- Special Operations Regiment Commander, 2018;
- Training and doctrine command commander, 2019.
- Second Lieutenant;
- Lieutenant Colonel;
- Brigadier General.
Awards and Decorations:
- Plaque of the Military Academy on the occasion of the 20th anniversary of establishing the Military Academy for special service and contribution to the development of the Academy;
- Plaque of the ARM for achieved results during the participation in the mission “Iraqi Freedom”;
- Silver Badge by the Chief of GS of the ARM for achieved results during the international missions in Iraq;
- Certificate of Appreciation by the Minister of Defence for achieved results in the work;
- Certificate of Appreciation by the Minister of Defence of the Republic of Macedonia;
- Watch by the President of the Republic of Macedonia as one of the three highest ranked cadets in his generation.
- Participant in the mission “Iraqi Freedom” 2003;
- Author of several papers published in professional and academic journals, well known journals with impact factor, papers published as chapters in a book;
- Published books („Countering Terrorism in South Eastern Europe“, „Handbook of Research on Civil Society and National Security in the Era of Cyber Warfare“, „Regional Post-ISAF Engagement: Lessons Learned and a Legacy for A5 Countries Future Expeditionary Missions“, „Detective Tactics and Tactical Combat Procedures for Detectives“), „Iraqi Freedom: the Road to Babylon“;
- Presenter at numerous Conferences, Universities and Training Centers of NATO and Partnership for Peace.
- English – proficient;
- German – basic.
Colonel Stojanche Todorov
Colonel Stojanche Todorov was born on 10th July 1973 in Sveti Nikole. He finishes High School education in the Military Gymnasium in Belgrade, Republic of Serbia. He continues his military education at the Military Academy “General Mihajlo Apostolski in Skopje in the period from 1995 to 1999. After graduation he starts his military career as a Mechanized Infantry Platoon Commander in 2/1 MIB.
During his military career he has performed command and staff duties and has participated in multi-national exercises. As a contingent commander he led a force protection unit at the ISAF HQ, thus enriching his military experience.
As a commander of Medium Infantry Battalion and Medium Combat Group he had accomplished interoperability assessment cycle level 1 and combat readiness, level 2 of declared units in performing life fire training with a Battalion and a Battalion Combat Group.
He upgrades his military education within combat and staff academies of Turkish Armed Forces. First, he graduates the Land Command and Staff Academy in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2007-2008 and after that he finishes the National Defense School in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2015. He has also finished various courses among which Turkish Language Course in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2001-2002, Company Commander Course in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2002; Battalion Commander Course in Istanbul, Republic of Turkey in 2005 and other courses in the use of mechanized units in urban combat and internal security operations.
He received his master’s degree at the Combat and Staff Academy of the Turkish Armed Forces on the topic “Management of National and International Defense and Leadership Strategies.”
- Mechanized Infantry Company Commander in 2/1 MIB, 2001-2006;
- Chief of S3 in the Headquarters of 2/1 MIB, 2006-2008;
- Deputy Commander of 2/1 MIB, 2008-2009;
- Commander of 2/1 MIB, 2009-2016;
- Chief of Staff of 1MIB, 2016-2017;
- TRADOC Deputy Commander since 8th August 2017.
- 2nd Lieutenant 1999-2000
- Lieutenant 2000-2003
- Captain 2003-2007
- Major 2007-2012
- Lieutenant Colonel 2012-2017
Sergeant Major Ljupcho Stojkov
Sergeant Major Ljupco Stojkov was born on July 15, 1973 in the settlement Chaska, Veles, Republic of Macedonia. He completed his secondary education in Sarajevo and Banja Luka Military High Schools, branch OME. After completing his military education, he began his military career as a Watchtower Commander, Bitola (1993-2000). During his military career he carried out many command duties and participated in numerous courses and international missions such as “Resolute Support” in Kabul, Afghanistan 2017/2018, thus enriching his military experience. He has completed several military courses including a Counter Terrorism Instructor Course, Observation and Surveillance Course, Guardian Angel Course, Afghanistan 2018, Life Saver Course – Kabul, Afghanistan 2018.
He graduated from NCO School in Zagreb, R. Croatia, from 2008 to 2009.
Awards and Decorations:
- Army commendation medal, Kabul, Afghanistan 2018;
- The Non-Article 5 NATO medal, Kabul, Afghanistan
- First Sergeant in Armoured Company, Shtip (2000-2002);
- NCO for Logistic Support and Procurement on a national level, Shtip (2002-2006);
- NCO for Training in 1st LogBn, Shtip (2006-2007);
- Sergeant Major in the Centre for Individual Training, Veles (2007-2013);
- Command Sergeant Major in the Training and Doctrine Command, Veles (2013-2015);
- Command Sergeant Major in the Joint Operations Command (2015-2018);
- Operations NCO in J3 JOC (2018-2019);
- Command Sergeant Major in the Training and Doctrine Command, Veles (2019).
- Sergeant 1993-1996;
- Sergeant 1st class 1996-2000;
- Staff Sergeant 2000-2001;
- Staff sergeant 1st class 2001-2007;
- Master Sergeant 2007-2012;
- Sergeant Major 2012.
Captain Cvetanka Velkovska
With the object of improving the quality of the training of the Army several centers for basic and specialized individual training of the soldiers were established in 1996, whereas collective training was done within the units. Centers for training of: infantry, artillery, logistics, border guards, military police and reconnaissance were founded.
With the reducing of the Army on 19 March 2001 the Training Command of the Army of the Republic of Macedonia was formed at the Goce Delchev barracks in Skopje with three training centers: Infantry Training Center (Bitola), Border Guards Center (Veles) and the Branches and Services Center (Skopje).
On 15 December 2006, with the implementation of the regulations of the Defence Strategic Review and the dynamic plan for transformation of the units, the Training Command is transformed and its structure consists of:
- Individual Training Center (Veles),
- Dog training and dressage Center (Gjorche Petrov, Skopje),
- Foreign Language Center (Goce Delchev , Skopje),
- Training Area Krivolak (Krivolak),
- Water Training Center (Ohrid),
- Winter Conditions Training Center (Popova Shapka) and
- Firing Range Petrovec (Petrovec).
Starting from March 2010,the Cadet Training Center (Goce Delchev, Skopje) was added to the structure of the Training Command.
In 2012,at the Training Area Krivolak a Training Support Center was formed which consists of :Water Training Center-Ohrid, Winter Conditions Training Center Popova Shapka and the Firing Range Petrovec.
Moreover, a Preparation of doctrines, regulations and lessons learned Center is added to the structure of the Training and Doctrine Command in Veles.