To prepare the conventional ground and air ARM forces for defense and protection of the territorial integrity and independence of the Republic of Macedonia, with the declared forces to participate in operations in support of peace and conflict prevention and management of regional conflicts and crises in operations led by NATO, UN, OSC, EU, and other international alliances and to contribute to the protection of the wider interests of the Republic of Macedonia.
Preparation of the conventional ground and air forces;
Performing operations and providing military support as a host country to international forces on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia;
Providing support for the forces of the Ministry of internal affairs in dealing with threats, risks and safety hazards to RM;
Providing support of the government and local government units;
Preparation of the declared forces;
Achievement of full interoperability and interoperability with NATO;
Planning and conducting training according to NATO standards;
Assistance to the safety of the civil structures in terms of assistance in cases of natural disasters and preserving the vital infrastructure in case of earthquakes, fires , floods and other emergencies such as:
- Supplying food to population in isolated mountain regions in winter,
- Carrying out engineer tasks in regulation of riverbed,
- Afforestation etc.
Major General Pavle Arsoski
Date and place of birth:
27.12.1967 Gostivar, Republic of Macedonia
- Military Secondary School – Zagreb, The Republic of Croatia 1982-1986;
- Military Academy, Branch Artillery –Belgrade, The Republic of Serbia1986-1990;
- Master Studies – Command Staff College – Skopje, Macedonia, 2003;
- War School “Ban Josip Jelachich“ -Zagreb, The Republic of Croatia, 2011;
- Post-graduate studies;
- PhD at the Institute of National History at the University ‘Sts Cyril and Methodius’ – Skopje.
- Course for Battalion Commanders and Internship-The Federal Republic of Germany, 1996;
- Course for Military Management and Decision Making- Skopje, 2003;
- Training for Military Attaches and International Communication in PSOTC -Sarajevo, BIH (organised by the Swiss Ministry of Defence and Geneva Institute for Defence), 2007;
- Course for 21th Century Leaders- College for Defence Studies “George Marshal“-Garmisch-Partenkirchen, The Federal Republic of Germany, 2003;
- Language training (English Language), 2004.
- Platoon Commander of Ceremonial Guard Brigade, Skopje 1992-1993;
- Company Commander, Tetovo 1993-1997;
- Battalion Deputy Commander, Tetovo 1997-2000;
- Commander of 1th Mechanized Infantry Battalion, Tetovo 2000-2003;
- Chief of S-3, Special Operations Regiment Command 2003-2008;
- Chief of Staff of Special Operations Regiment 2008-2012;
- Commander of Special Operations Regiment 04.04.2012;
- Commander of the 1th Mechanized Infantry Brigade 2013-2015;
- Joint operations command deputy commander;
- Joint operations command commander.
- Second Lieutenant 1990-1991;
- Lieutenant 1991-1995;
- Captain 1995-1999;
- Captain 1th class 1999-2001;
- Major 2001-2006;
- Lieutenant-Colonel 2006-2010;
- Colonel 18.08.2010;
- Brigadier General 18.08.2013;
- Major General 2018.
- Promotion in rank Major before the regular term 2001;
- Silver badge for long service in ARM awarded by the MoD on the occasion of 18th August ARM Day 2012;
- Plaque of ARM awarded by CHOD on the occasion of 18th August ARM Day 2012.
- Married, father of two children.
- Phone: + 389 31 474-013
- Faks: + 389 31 474-044
Brigadier General Orce Jordev
Date and place of birth:
29.04.1972, Kichevo, Republic of Macedonia.
- Military Academy “Mihajlo Apostolski”, Skopje 1995;
- Command and Staff Academy, R. Turkey 2006.
Courses, exercises and mission:
- Turkish Language Training 2003-2004;
- NATO STANAG 6001 English Language Training, Canada 2010;
- Many courses for special operations in country and abroad;
- Public Relations Course, Skopje;
- Participated in many exercises in country and abroad;
- National Defence School (Land Forces College) in Republic of Turkey, 2014-2015.
- Platoon Commander in Anti Tank Company 1995-1996;
- Team Commander in Anti Tank Company 1996-1998;
- Diversion Company Deputy Commander 1998-1999;
- Anti Tank Company Commander 1999-2001;
- Operations Officer in Special Forces Battalion 2001-2002;
- S-3 Chief in Special Forces Battalion 2002-2003;
- Special Forces Battalion Deputy Commander 2003-2006;
- Special Forces Battalion Commander 2006-2012;
- Special Operations Regiment Deputy Commander 2012-2015;
- Special Operations Regiment Commander 2015;
- Chief of Staff of JOC 2018;
- Joint operations command deputy commander 2019.
Decorations and medals:
- Medal of Merit given by the President of the Republic of Macedonia, 2001.
- Second Lieutenant 1995;
- Lieutenant 1996;
- Captain 1999;
- Captain 1st Class 2001;
- Major 2003;
- Lieutenant Colonel 2007;
- Colonel 2012;
- Brigadier General 2016.
Married, two children.
Colonel Besnik Emini
Date and Place of Birth:
15.10.1977 in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
- Military Academy, Skopje, 1996-2000;
- Course for Peace Monitors UNMOC, Amersfoort, Netherlands, 2005;
- Master Studies – Specialization in Command and Staff Duties, Skopje, 2005-2006;
- Course for Staff Officers to Work in NATO, Sofia, Bulgaria, 2006;
- Course for Instructor – Media and Communications, Skopje, 2008;
- Pre-deployment Training for Peacekeeping Missions – ISAF Zagreb, Croatia, 2010;
- Fighting Assessment of a Battleground, Vyškov, Czech Republic, 2011;
- Media and Terrorism, Ankara, Turkey, 2012.
- Crisis Management, J. Cruzel, Skopje, 2015.
- Platoon Commander, 2000-2002;
- Company Commander, 2002-2004;
- Team Commander, 2004 -2006;
- Company Commander, 2006-2008;
- Chief of Section, 2008-2012;
- RB Deputy Commander, 2012-2013;
- RB Commander, 2013;
- SOR Chief of Staff, 2015;
- SOR Deputy Commander, 2016;
- Deputy Commander of the 1 st Mechanized Infantry Brigade, 2018;
- Chief of Staff of JOC 2019.
- Second Lieutenant 2000-2001;
- Lieutenant 2001-2005;
- Captain 2005-2009;
- Major 2009-2013;
- Lieutenant Colonel 2013-2017;
- Colonel 2017.
- Commendation from the MoD of RM, 2002;
- Commendation from the SOR Commander, 2008;
- Monetary award from the ARM Chief of General Staff, 2009;
- Commendation from the SOR Commander, 2011;
- Commendation from the MoD of RM, 2012;
- Medal ARCOM, Iraqi Freedom, 2007/2008.
- English – excellent command;
- French – basic command.
Missions and Exercises:
- 2007/2008 – “OIF 10th”, Iraq;
- 2005 “NATO CAX 05”, Skopje, R. Macedonia;
- 2007 “Balkan Flash”, Krivolak, R. Macedonia;
- 2009/2010 “NATO CREVAL 1-2 LRSC” Krivolak, R. Macedonia;
- 2012 “LOGEX13”, Skopje, R. Macedonia;
- 2012 “WISE WOLF B-9” Krivolak, R. Macedonia.
Sergeant Major Dzemail Demiri
Date and Place of Birth:
04.02.1972 in Skopje.
Military High School LF, in Sarajevo, Artillery, 1988-1992.
- 1992 to 2001 started working as Land Forces Commander in the Mortar Battery 120 mm, the garrison Tetovo;
- 2001 to 2006 First Sergeant in Mortar Battery 120 mm, the garrison Tetovo;
- 2006 to 2008 First Sergeant in the Centre for Individual Training in the Training and Doctrine Command in Veles;
- July 2008 to January 2013 First Sergeant in the Training and Doctrine Command in Veles;
- January 2013 to October 2015 First Sergeant in the 1st Mechanized Infantry Brigade;
- October 2015 to November 2018 NCO for Operations in Ј-3/JOC;
- Command Sergeant Major in JOC.
- 1992 – Sergeant;
- 1995 – Sergeant 1st Class;
- 1998 – Staff Sergeant;
- 2001 – Staff Sergeant 1st Class;
- 2006 – Master Sergeant;
- 2010 – Sergeant Major.
- Advanced NCO Course in Fort Benning, USA in 2002;
- Instructor Course in Macedonia, “Techniques of Military Training and Instructions” realized by BAH in 2003;
- NATO NCO Orientation Course in Oberammergau, Germany in 2005;
- NCO Training Course by Joint Mobile Training Team from Naples in Veles, February, 2006;
- Seminar for Command Sergeants Major in Vyskov, the Czech Republic in 2006;
- Army Sergeants Major Academy at a Brigade level or higher, form June 2007 to May 2008 in Fort Bliss, Texas, USA;
- Seminar for Lessons Learned Centre in Veles in January, 2009.
Peace Support Operations and exercises:
- Participant in the first mission with a section in Afghanistan, “ISAF-3” in 2003;
- Participant in NATO/PfP exercise „COOPERATIVE LONBOW/LANCER 12” as a Command Sergeant Major of a multinational battalion composed of 12 nations;
- Participant as a Command Sergeant Major of the NATO assessment of IBde during the exercise “Macedonian Flash – 9 and 10”.
Married, father of three children.
As a Command on operational level it exists from the beginning of the ARM formation on 01.04.1992 as the Army Corps.
- On March 5, 2019 Brigadier General Orce Jordev was appointed Deputy Commander of the JOC, and Colonel Besnik Emini was appointed Chief of Staff.
- On 01.01.2018 the President of the Republic of Macedonia Dr. Gjorge Ivanov visited the ARM members in the barracks “Chojlija”;
- Realized exercises “Macedonian Flash 14” and “Challenge 2018”;
- On 31.01. 2018, Minister of Defense Mrs. Radmila Shekerinska visited the barracks “Boro Menkov” in Kumanovo;
- On 17. 05. 2018, Brigadier General Orce Jordev was appointed Chief of Staff in the JOC;
- On 22.05.2018, Brigadier General Pavle Arsoski was appointed Commander of the JOC.
- Realization of the exercises “Macedonian Flash 13”, “Joint Reaction 17”, “Dragoon Guardian 17” and “Challenge 17”.
- Realization of the exercise “Macedonian Flash 12”;
- On December 1, Brigadier General Zoran Mileski was appointed Commander of the JOC.
- Realization of the exercise “Macedonian Flash 11”;
- On August 18, Brigadier General Vasko Gjurchinovski was appointed Commander of the JOC and Brigadier General Pavle Arsoski, Deputy Commander of the JOC. Brigadier General Azim Nuredin was appointed Chief of Staff instead of Brigadier General Stojan Dimchov;
- On 01.01.2015, a new operation began in IR Afghanistan under the name “Resolute Support” and part of the equipment (APC “Hermelin”) was returned to the Republic of Macedonia;
- On August 20, 2015, with the emergence of the refugee crisis, the Joint Operations Command gave support to the Ministry of Interior with funds and deployment of forces to the southern border of the Republic of Macedonia with Greece, in the wider region of Gevgelija.
- In accordance with the decree for days of ARM units brought by the President and Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces Dr. Gjorge Ivanov, October 11 – the Day of the JOC was marked with a military ceremony, in memory of the traditions and forming of Kresna Uprising Headquarters;
- Evaluation of the combat readiness of the command, headquarters and staffing of the JOC;
- Realization of the exercise “Macedonian Flash 10” and the NATO Assessment LEVEL-2 of the Middle Infantry Battalion Group (MIBG) and the Army Field Hospital (AFH-Role 2);
- Participation of the OKSEUBG-2 company on the “Quick Lion” exercise in the Kingdom of Belgium with operational readiness for use until 31.12.2014.
- Realization of the exercises “Macedonian Flash 09”, “Challenge 2013” and the exercise “Joint Resistance 2013”;
- Brigadier General Muhamed Racaj was appointed Deputy Commander of the JOC, and Brigadier General Stojan Dimchov was appointed Chief of Staff;
- On January 1, the barracks “Mirce Acev” in Prilep was officially opened by the President of the Republic of Macedonia Dr. Gjorge Ivanov.
- In March 2012, Brigadier General Metodija Velichkovski was appointed Commander of the JOC;
- At the ATA Krivolak MIE was realized on the topic “Fire support for artillery units”;
- The exercise “Cooperative Longbow / Lancer 2012” and the NATO LEVEL 1 assessment of the Middle Infantry Battalion Group (MIBG) were realized.
- 04.2011 Brigadier General Gorancho Kotevski is appointed as the JOC Commander.
- Joint Operational Command according to the NATO standards transforms into a new organizational – formation structure organized into sections J Structure according to NATO standards organized into sections of J-1 to J-9 and reduced number of subordinate units.
- 01.01.2010, Visit of the President of the Republic and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Macedonia, Mr. Gjorgje Ivanov to the JOC Command.
- In the course of 2009, one of the more significant activities was the planning and execution of the exercise “Macedonian Flash 05” during which Self-assessment Level-2 was carried out in accordance with the Concept of Operational Capability of the JOC declared units.
- 01.2008 to 30.07.2008Brigadier General SejdiniNaser is appointed as the JOC Deputy Commander;
- 07.2008 Brigadier General Galazovski Kiro is appointed as the JOC Commander.
- 02.2007 in the JOC command, for the first time since the introduction of the formation post command sergeant major of the JOC, started the implementation of the Concept of professional development t of the NCOs in the ARM;
- 16:06. to 30.06.2007 Joint exercise “Macedonian Flash 2007”,NATO exercise Level -1.Tthe exercise was conducted on TA “Krivolak” by members of 1st mechanized infantry brigade and the armed forces of the United Kingdom-England;
- 10 to 04.11.2007 on TA “Krivolak”, “Macedonian Flash-2” NATO Level-1 between members of the armed forces of member states of the group A-3-(Republic of Macedonia Republc of Croatia and the Republic of Albania) .The Engineer Platoon of the 1st Mechanized Infantry Brigade also participated in the exercise;
- December -Major General Dimov Zoran is appointed as the JOC Commander.
- 03. The 2nd Mechanized Infantry Brigade is promoted – from the previous 2nd Infantry Brigade;
- 04. The Signal Battalion is promoted which under the new formation became part of the JOC;
- 04. At the TA “Chojlija” the Armoured Mechanized Battalion T-72 was promoted as part of the JOC;
- 04. The Artillery Battalion is transformed into 155mm Self-Propelled Howitzer Artillery Battalion and is dislocated to the Veles garrison;
- 09. The Military Police Battalion promoted at the “Ilinden” barracks in Skopje, which under the new formation became part of the JOC;
- 09. To 23.09.2006 At the TA “Krivolak” a joint exercise “Exchanging small military police units”, was conducted with the military police unit of the National Guard of Vermont – United States.
- 08. Promotion of the Joint Operations Command (JOC), the previous Land Force Command is restructured into Joint Operational Command. The composition of the JOC includes WING and Air Defence Battalion;
- November, JOC is executor of the multinational exercise “Cooperative Association 05”, held in Skopje.
- Colonel Zoran Lekovski is assigned as JOC Deputy Commander.
- 06.2003, Brigadier General Atanas Jovchevski assigned as Land Forces Commander;
- June, the mission in Iraq – “Iraqi Freedom” commences.
- 05.2002, formation of ARM Land Forces Command;
- The ISAF mission in Afghanistan commences with Land Forces Command personnel.
- 10.2000 transformed into Command of the 1st Army Corps of the ARM.