Plans and communicates with the national media and the general public in the country and abroad; conducts analysis of the media environment and the effects of the media on the mission of the Army.
Provides support to the Chief of the General Staff of the Army by timely informing the general public about the activities and events related to the Army and internally provides up-to-date information about important activities in the defence area.
The Public Relations Office as a unit performs the following tasks:
- Keeps up with the information in the area of defence;
- Makes analysis and surveys information in the media that is of significance for the Army;
- Coordinates the requests from the media representatives for media activities in the commands and units of the Army;
- Gives proposals to the national and foreign media for their news stories about the Army so that it is presented in a positive manner;
- Coordinates with the Sector for Communication, Analysis and Operational Support (SCAOS) at the MoD regarding media issues related to specific responsibilities in the defence area, as well as provides information of mutual interest;
- Coordinates with the regional centre for public relations and the Army’s J7/GS section for the training requirements;
- Participates in designing of the public relations training programmes;
- Maintains communication and coordinates the activities of the public relations officers in all subordinate units of GS and the Army;
- Sets up a base for digital photographs, video and audio materials from activities important for the Army;
- Creates and processes digital information products for informing the general public and internally;
- Secures digital material and the information system from copying and unauthorized access or use;
- Provides media support to the Army GS units promoting the activities within their area of responsibility, which are important for promoting the Army;
- Produces and distributes announcements, photographs, video and audio products timely informing the general public;
- Manages the distribution of information products;
- Provides logistic support to the representatives of the national media who cover military activities on certain locations;
- Organises and allocates personnel responsible for managing the Public Relations Centre during larger military exercises conducted by the Army units or international conferences.
Lieutenant Colonel Toni Janevski
Date and place of birth:
01.09.1965, Shtip, Republic of Macedonia.
- 1984 High school, Sveti Nikole;
- 1989 Faculty of Defence – Skopje;
- 2012 Command Staff College – an advanced institute of Staff of the Joint Armed Forces of the Republic of Italy, as well as MA first level in International Military Strategic Studies at the University of Rome, Rome, Italy.
- 1999 – MPRI Watchtower Commander Course, Kumanovo;
- 2003 – International Staff Officers Orientation Course (ISOOC) – Rijswijk, the Netherlands;
- 2004 – International Humanitarian Law and Law of Armed Conflict Instructor Course- Kumanovo;
- 2005 – Intensive English course DLI program, Skopje;
- 2008 – Communications Skills and Media Training Course – Regional Communication Training Centre, Skopje;
- 2007 – “Law of Armed Conflict” – Ankara, Turkey;
- 2009 – “Media Training” Workshop, Regional Communication Training Centre, Skopje;
- 2011 – Italian Language Course, Skopje;
- 2012 – International Public Relations Officer Course – Shtrauzberg, Germany;
- 2016 – Media management and communication in crisis, Spiez, Switzerland.
Participation in exercises:
- 2007-2009 Participation in “Macedonian Flash” exercise;
- 2010 – Participation in NATO “Rapid Trident” exercise – Yavoriv, Ukraine;
- 2010 – Participation in NATO “Eurasian Star” exercise – Istanbul, Turkey;
- 2015 – “Immediate Response”, Zagreb, R. Croatia.
- 1991-1994 Assistant of the Logistics Commander at the Staff of Territorial Defence, Sveti Nikole;
- 1994-2000 Commander of the watchtower Ramna Niva, Kriva Palanka; also Deputy Commander of the 1st border company/7th border battalion;
- 2000-2001 Infantry Company Commander, Kumanovo;
- 2001-2002 Company Commander at the Counter Terrorism Unit, Kumanovo;
- 2002-2004 Mechanized Infantry Company Commander, Kumanovo;
- 2004-2006 Training and Operations Officer at S-3 at 1MIBN, 1MIBDE Command;
- 2006-2007 Training and Operations Officer at S-3 at 1MIBN, 1MIBDE Command also Chief of S-3;
- 2007-2012 Chief of department for protocol and information management at JOC;
- 07.2008-01.2009 Staff officer for coordination in information and coordinating section at the Staff Headquarters in ISAF;
- 2012 – Public Relations Officer at the JOC Commander Cabinet
- 2015 – Chief of PA Office and GS Spokesperson .
- Second Lieutenant (1994)
- Lieutenant (1995)
- Major (2006)
- Lieutenant Colonel (2012)
- Award leave from a Brigade Commander;
- Honorable mention from a Battalion Commander;
- Honorable mention from a Brigade Commander;
- Award leave from JOC Commander;
- Commendation of the ARM Chief of General Staff;
- Commendation from the Minister of Defence;
- Silver badge for long-years service from MoD;
- NATO medal for participation in the ISAF mission;
- Commendation medal from the California National Guard.
- English-DLI program level 5;
- Italian – А2B1;
Married, father of 2.
Tel. + 389 328 2459
Fax + 389 328 246
- Chief of PRO and spokesperson of the GS of the Army;
- Planning and Analysis Officer for electronic and printed media;
- Army web page administrator;
- Electronic media specialist, photojournalist and administrator;
- Camera operator and editor of videos and photographs.