It plans, organizes, coordinates measurements and activities for Civil Military Cooperation, within governmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as other civilian subjects in peace and wartime. It provides directions of Civilian Military Cooperation when sending ARM contingents to Peace Keeping and Humanitarian missions.
- Determines the needs and plans Civilian Military Cooperation (CIMIC) in ARM .
- Provides incorporation and implementation of all aspects of Civilian Military Cooperation in strategic planning documents.
- Provides directions for Civil Military Cooperation when planning and conducting military operations, exercises and training.
- Cooperates, coordinates and directs Civil Military Cooperation when sending contingents from Republic of Macedonia to Peace Keeping and Humanitarian missions.
- Plans and implements CIMIC personnel training.
- Establishes control mechanisms to evaluate functioning of the CIMIC system.
- Cooperates with departments in General Staff of RM and with CIMIC unit in MOD of RM.
- Delivers regular and periodical reports, keeps records on the CIVIC lessons learnt.
- Prepares a proposal-financial plan for CIMIC.
- Plans and coordinates the activities for environment protection, monuments within the frameworks of CIMIC.
- Prepares documentation for work regulation within its domain.
Colonel Vanco Sontevski
Date and place of birth:
18.01.1966 Berovo, Republic of Macedonia.
- Primary School, Berovo 1972-1980;
- Secondary School, Skopje 1980-1984.
- Military Academy for Land Forces, Belgrade 1984-1988;
- Master Studies for Command Staff Duties, Skopje 1996-1997.
- Parachute course;
- Transformation of reserve forces Course;
- NATO Peace Support Operations Course;
- Course for dealing with organized crime;
- Counter-Terrorism Course;
- Course for special operations and fight against strategic threats in the future.
- Reconnaissance Platoon Commander, 1988-1989;
- Reconnaissance Company Deputy, Commander 1989-1990;
- Military Department Security Officer, 1991-1992;
- Security Brigade Deputy Commander, 1992-1996;
- Deputy Battalion Commander, 1997-1998;
- Battalion Commander, 1998-1999;
- Training Brigade Deputy Chief of Staff, 1999-2000;
- Chief of Cabinet for Training Command Commander, 2000-2001;
- Brigade Chief of Staff, also Chief of Operational Training Group-1, 2001-2003;
- Special Operations Regiment Chief of Staff, 2002-2003;
- Defence Attaché of Republic of Macedonia in Tirana, Albania, 2003-2008;
- Chief of Section for Brigades and Operations G-3 in General Staff, 2008-2009;
- Deputy Chief of G-2 in General Staff of ARM, 2009-2012;
- Chief of G-2 in General Staff of ARM 2012-2015;
- GS of ARM Chief of Ј-9, 2017;
- Chief of Section for Combat Readiness in J-3/JOC, 2017-2018;
- GS of ARM Chief of Ј-9, 2018.
- Proficient in English, Serbian, Croatian, Albanian, Bulgarian;
- Intermediate: Russian.
Married, two children.
Organization structure of J-9/GS of ARM
- Planning Officer
- Ecology Coordinator, Environment Protection and Protection of Cultural Heritage Objects