It plans, organizes, coordinates measurements and activities for Civil Military Cooperation, within governmental and non-governmental organizations, as well as other civilian subjects in peace and wartime. It provides directions of Civilian Military Cooperation when sending ARM contingents to Peace Keeping and Humanitarian missions.
- Determines the needs and plans Civilian Military Cooperation (CIMIC) in ARM .
- Provides incorporation and implementation of all aspects of Civilian Military Cooperation in strategic planning documents.
- Provides directions for Civil Military Cooperation when planning and conducting military operations, exercises and training.
- Cooperates, coordinates and directs Civil Military Cooperation when sending contingents from Republic of Macedonia to Peace Keeping and Humanitarian missions.
- Plans and implements CIMIC personnel training.
- Establishes control mechanisms to evaluate functioning of the CIMIC system.
- Cooperates with departments in General Staff of RM and with CIMIC unit in MOD of RM.
- Delivers regular and periodical reports, keeps records on the CIVIC lessons learnt.
- Prepares a proposal-financial plan for CIMIC.
- Plans and coordinates the activities for environment protection, monuments within the frameworks of CIMIC.
- Prepares documentation for work regulation within its domain.
Colonel Vancho Shontevski
Colonel Vancho Shontevski was born on 18th January 1966 in Berovo. After graduating from high school in Skopje he continued his education at the Military Academy in Belgrade and graduated in 1988 in Panchevo.
He started his military career as a platoon commander in the Prizren reconnaissance units in the former JNA and continued his service in the Macedonian Army after Macedonia became independent. He has held many command and staff duties at the battalion and brigade levels, and has been appointed J-9 Section Chief of Civilian-Military Cooperation in the GS since 2018.
He has completed several courses in the fields of organized crime, counter-terrorism, special operations and future strategic threat combat and NATO peace support operations courses.
From 2003-2008 he successfully represented the Army as a Defense Attaché in Tirana, Republic of Albania.
He finished military Command and Staff in 1997 in Skopje. He has been rewarded and honored many times. He fluently speaks English and Albanian. He is married and a father of two sons.
- Reconnaissance Platoon Commander,1988-1989;
- Reconnaissance Company Deputy Commander, 1989-1990;
- Security Officer at military department, 1991-1992;
- Security Brigade Deputy Commander,1992-1996;
- Battalion Deputy Commander, 1997-1998;
- Battalion Commander, 1998-1999;
- Training Brigade Deputy Chief of Staff, 1999-2000;
- Training Command Commander Chief of cabinet, 2000-2001;
- Brigade Chief of Staff, Chief of Staff of OTG -1, 2001-2003;
- Special Operation Regiment Chief of Staff, 2002-2003;
- Defense Attaché in Albania, 2003-2008;
- Chief of combat readiness and operations section at G-3/GS, 2008-2009;
- Deputy Chief of Staff of G2/GS, 2009-2012;
- Chief of Staff of G2/GS, 2012-2015;
- Management and financial advisor at HR/ MoD, 2015-2017;
- Chief of Combat Readiness section at J3/JOC, 2017-2018;
- Chief of Ј-9/GS, 2018.
- Second Lieutenant 1988-1989;
- Lieutenant 1989-1992;
- Captain 1992-1996;
- Captain 1 class 1996-2001;
- Major 2001-2006;
- Lieutenant Colonel 2006-2012;
- Colonel 2012.
Organization structure of J-9/GS
- Planning Officer
- Ecology Coordinator, Environment Protection and Protection of Cultural Heritage Objects