The mission of section J-7 of General Staff of ARM is to plan, coordinate and control the implementation of the training and the training activities of the Army of the Republic of Macedonia.
Responsibilities Of Section J-7 of General Staff of ARM
- Creates annual directions for ARM training and exercises;
- Creates and coordinates ARM annual training schedule;
- Creates annual plan for ARM exercises in the country;
- Creates annual draft plan for ARM exercises of abroad;
- Creates draft financial plan to finance ARM training and exercises;
- Creates the draft Program 4 “Training in ARM”;
- Coordinates and creates plans and programs for ARM training;
- Creates work plans;
- Creates plans for training control of ARM exercises;
- Plans evaluations according to the Concept of operative abilities;
- Recommends and plans training in the domain of coordination in the army with the subordinate commands and units;
- Recommends designing manuals, rules, handbooks, standards and procedures under their authority,
- Prepares six-month and annual analysis of ARM training and exercises;
- Plans and implements a physical checkup of the readiness of the personnel of General Staff of ARM and the subordinate commands and units;
- Coordinates the remaining activities for training and exercises with the other units in the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Macedonia, General Staff of ARM as well as the other structures outside the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Macedonia.
Colonel Zoran Dodevski
Colonel Zoran Dodevski was born in 1963 in Skopje. He finished primary school in Skopje and went to the Military High School and the Military Academy – arm of service OME in Belgrade.
He started his military career as a Commander of a mechanized platoon serving in Belgrade, and after the establishment of the independence of the country, he continued to serve in ARM. He has performed multiple commander and chief duties at the level of company, battalion, regiment and brigade, and since 2012 he has been appointed Chief of J-7/GS of the Army.
He has completed numerous courses in the field of special forces, public relations, peace missions, among which: Advanced office course for tank officers in the USA, NATO Course for “Combined joint staff for purpose forces” in Romania, NATO course for evaluators in Finland, Integrated PzM/OSCE in the NATO college in Rome, Program on Terrorism and Security Studies at George C. Marshall Center – European Center for Security Studies in Garmisch-Partenkirchen in Germany, Canadian Security Studies Programme in Toronto, Canada, Seminars on Organization and Equipment of Units for Special Operations, Course on Special Operations in Fight against terrorism in the USA, Course at the Defence Institute for Law Studies in the USA, Course for Civil and Military Response to Terrorism in the USA, as well as other courses and trainings in the country and abroad.
He participated in organizing and performing numerous military exercises in the country and abroad, as follows, B-9 exercise for special units, Joint Reaction, Savior 97, The Best Joint Effort 98, Peace Bridge 98, Decisive Strike and others. From 2004 until 2005 he was the oldest national representative of the Army in USCENTCOM.
He has also completed Staff Command Academy in the United Kingdom and Military School in Croatia. He has been awarded and commended on multiple occasions, among which, USA Army Commendation Medal, NATO Medal, Golden Badge of ARM, Golden Badge for Coordination of ARM, Silver Badge of the Army and Silver Badge for Coordination of the Army.
His level of knowledge of the English language is STANAG 3, 3, 3, 3
Colonel Dodevski is married with two daughters.
- Tank platoon leader (1986-1988)
- Tank company leader (1988-1991)
- Military Academy Instructor (1992-1994)
- Deputy Commander of the Infantry Battalion (1994-1998)
- Commander of Infantry Battalion (1998-1999)
- Commander of armored battalion (1999-2000)
- Officer for forces structure in the Department for Euro Atlantic Integration in G3/GS of the Army (2001-2002)
- Plans and Programs Officer (MAP and GNPCH) in the Department for in G3/GS Euro Atlantic Integration (2002-2004)
- Chief of Department for Euro Atlantic Integration G3/GS of the Army and Acting Chief of the Department for Inter-Army Cooperation (2002-2004)
- Iraqi Freedom Mission SNR/ USCENTCOM, Tampa USA
- 2004 -2005)
- Deputy Commander of the Special Operations Regiment (2005 -2008)
- Commander of the Special Operations Regiment (2008 -2012)
- Chief of J-7/GS of ARM (2012)
- Second Lieutenant 1986-1987
- Lieutenant 1987-1991;
- Captain 1991-1995
- Capetian 1st Class 1995-1999
- Major 1999-2003
- Lieutenant Colonel 2003-2007
- Colonel 2007
Organization structure of J-7/GS
- Department of Training;
- Department of Exercises.