Plans, coordinates and controls a communication-information system (CIS) for successful command and control (C2) with commands and units in the Army in peace, state of emergency, crisis and war.
1. Participation in development of the organization and formation of the Army and proposing formational elements in the field of communication-information systems (CIS);
2. Participation in developing an usage plan for the Army and proposing the organization of CIS;
3. Participation, proposing and planning the organization of CIS in a state of enhanced combat readiness of the Army;
4. Participation in planning of the annual program for equipping the Army in the field of CIS;
5. Participation and proposing elements in the field of CIS in the process of the development of the annual plan for exercise activities of the Army;
6. Participation and proposing personnel, in the field of CIS during preparation of the annual plan for schooling, professional training and specialization of the individuals serving in the Army;
7. Proposing personnel in the field of CIS in planning of the individuals serving in the Army for schooling and professional training;
8. Conducting of the annual financial plan for the needs of the Army in the field of CIS approved by the Ministry of Defence and monitoring of the efficiency and the intended realization of the means in accordance with the regulations issued by the Minister of Defence;
9. Monitoring the combat readiness of the Army in the field of CIS and taking measures for its improvement;
10. Organizing and monitoring the realization of the measures for readiness of the Army in the field of CIS and taking steps for their execution;
11. Planning, organizing and preparation of CIS for command and control in the Army;
12. Planning and organizing a system of crypto protection and computer security of the classified information of the Army;
13. Participation in organizing and realization of counterelectronic security;
14. Participation in organizing the teritory for the needs of the Army and proposing activities in the field of CIS in collaboration with K4 of the Ministry of Defence of the Republic of North Macedonia;
15. Planning and proposing activities in the process of development of professional rules and instructions for CIS in the Army.
Colonel Blazo Georgievski
Colonel Blazo Georgievski was born in 1967 in Golesh, Bosilegrad, Republic of Serbia. He graduated primary school and secondary electrical engineering school in Skopje. In 1988 he enrolled at the Military Academy in Belgrade but graduated from the Military Academy in Skopje as Signals officer.
He started his military career as a commander of Signals Platoon in the Signals Regiment in Ilinden Barracks in Skopje. In his career he performed several command, staff and command duties at the level of Company, Battalion and Signals Regiment. He graduated Command and Staff Academy for Command and Staff Duties in 2005 at the Military Academy “General Mihailo Apostolski” in Skopje and acquired the title of Specialist for Command and Staff Duties.
Since 2006 he has been the Head of the Information Systems Department in the G-6 / General Staff of the Army. He has participated in several international activities, courses, seminars and symposia, including: NATO force protection course in Oberamergau, Republic of Germany, Computer Functional Services Management Course in Prague, Czech Republic, seminar on computer network systems in the Kingdom of the Netherlands, seminar on Communication and Information Systems for Declared Forces in Heidelberg, Republic of Germany, seminar on Development and Implementation of Communication and Information Services in Granada, Spain and Symposium on Tactical Data Links in Calpe, Spain.
He has completed several courses in the country: cryptography course, CISCO technology courses, information security courses and media training course. He was several times coordinator and in charge of activities during the realization of trainings with NATO training teams from Izmir, Republic of Turkey. In 2012 he was elected a lecturer at the Military Academy in Skopje for the subjects Communication Tactics and Communication Information Devices and Systems. He upgraded his professional career by graduating from the National Security School in Beijing, People’s Republic of China in 2017. He actively participated in several projects for development, implementation and upgrading of the global communication system in the Army, as well as in the preparation of strategic documents in the field of CIS.
He has been repeatedly praised and awarded by the Chief of General Staff and the Minister of Defense, has been awarded a Silver Badge for long service in the Army, a Silver Badge for strengthening the Army’s combat readiness and a Certificate of Appreciation from the US Embassy for successful project management of the FMF (Foreign Military Financing) program of the US Government. He is fluent in English (STANAG 220.127.116.11). Colonel Georgievski is married and a father of two children.
- Signals Platoon Commander (1993-1994);
- Signals Regiment Planning and Cryptography Officer (1995-1997);
- Company Commander in Stationary Signals (1998-2001);
- Signals Battalion Deputy Commander (2002);
- Signals Battalion Commander (2003-2004);
- Signals Regiment Chief of operation, planning and training S3 department (2005);
- Signals Regiment Deputy Commander (2005-2006);
- Chief of G6 Information (2006-2012);
- Chief of Information Systems and Cryptography J6 (2012-2015);
- Chief of Communication system management department and Deputy Chief of J6 (2015-2020);
- Chief of J6 (since 2020).
- Second Lieutenant 1993;
- Lieutenant 1994-1997;
- Captain 1997-2001;
- Captain 1st Class 2001-2005;
- Major 2005-2009;
- Lieutenant Colonel 2009-2015;
- Colonel 2015.
- Section for Integrated Communication and Information Systems;
- Section for Communication, Information and Cryptographic Security and Cyber Defence and
- Section for Information Technologies, Systems and Services.