To ensure the execution of the competencies that the General Staff of the Army has in relation to strategic planning, equipping and use of forces and planning of the resources of the Army.
Determines and proposes the needs and priorities for planning of organizational-formation structure (establishment, maintenance, adaptation and transformation), capacities and military capabilities, integration, interoperability, development and modernization for achieving military capabilities of the Army to achieve the constitutional function of defence of the Republic, as well as participation in support of other state institutions.
- Holder and Chief Coordinator in the NATO Military Planning Process;
- Preparation of draft documents for long-term, medium-term and short-term plans and strategic documents for the work and functioning of the Army;
- Implementation of defence development policy by developing and establishing an Army development policy;
- Preparation of a Proposed Military Strategy of the Republic;
- In order to prepare plans for the use of the Army as an integral part of the defence plan of the Republic proposes the necessary structure of forces (active and reserve composition);
- Determining the needs and priorities for planning the forces, capacities and capabilities and elaborating the organizational-formation structure and the formations of the General Staff and the commands and units of the Army;
- For strategic analysis of the organizational-formation structure and formations of the General Staff and the commands and units of the Army elaborates long-term, medium-term and short-term plans and strategic documents for the work and functioning of the Army and their impact on military planning and development of Defence Strategy, doctrine and Army concepts as well as interoperability and compatibility with NATO;
- Identifies needs and shortcomings related to modernization and integration in the structure and equipment of the Army;
- Prepares a proposal for equipping and modernization of the Army;
- Preparation of reviews of defence capabilities, analysis and reporting;
- Planning coordination and integration of projects defined by the plan for modernization and equipping, DPROS, SPROS and are under the competence of the General Staff of the Army;
- Management (coordination) with the elaboration of plans for the development of military capabilities of the force structure;
- Management (coordination) of the execution of activities in the Army for standardization with NATO;
- Cooperates with the competent structures in the Ministry of Defence and other state bodies for preparation of strategic documents in the field of defence.
Brigadier Simeon Trajkovski
Brigadier Simeon Trajkovski was born in 1969 in Skopje. He graduated the “Bratstvo Edinstvo” Military High School in Belgrade in 1987 and after that the Military Academy, Artillery class in Belgrade, Serbia in 1991. He upgraded his military education with master’s studies for command and staff duties at the “Ban Josip Jelachikj” Military School in Zagreb, Croatia 2004-2005 and the NATO Defense College in Rome, Italy, August 2017 – February 2018.
Moreover, he gained VII2 level of education with title MBA (Master in Business Administration, specialist in strategic management) in 2013.
He has started his military career since the beginning of the independence of the Republic and the formation of the Army, as a commander of a cannon platoon, and during his military career he has performed command and staff duties among which Planning and Training Officer in J-5 at the Joint Operation Command of NATO in Brunssum, Netherlands 2006 to 2009.
In his military career he has been commendated and awarded by the Defense Minister, the Chief of General Staff of the Army, the Commander of Brigade and he has been awarded the silver and gold pin of the Army.
During his professional career, the Brigadier Trajkovski has graduated more courses and trainings among which more significant are Course for Leaders of the 21st century, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, CIMIC Course for Multinational Operations for Peace Support in Kristoni, 2003, Program for Familiarization for Staff Officers of the Partner Nations in Brussels, 2003; Course on Defense Diplomacy in Ohrid, 2004; Seminar for Multinational Operations in Ohrid,2005; Training for Commands of Combined Joint Task Forces in Brunssum in 2006; Course on Management in Defense in Ohrid,2009, Course on Public Relations Level 1 in Skopje, 2014 and Course for Leaders on Strategic Level in Budva, Monte Negro, 2014. He is fluent in Englsh, Serbian, Croatian and partially in Greek language. Brigadier Trajkovski is married and parent of two children.
- Commander of Platoon;
- Commander of Battery;
- Chief of Department for Bilateral Cooperation with European Countries;
- Counsellor for bilateral cooperation in the Ministry of Defense;
- Planning and Training Officer in J-5 Joint Operations Command of NATO in Brunssum, Netherlands;
- Executive Officer in the Cabinet of the CGS of ARM;
- Deputy Chief of Cabinet of CGS of ARM;
- Chief of Section for Structure and Integration of Forces in J-5/GS of ARM;
- Chief of J-5/GS of the Army.
- Second Lieutenant 1991;
- Lieutenant 1992;
- Captain 1995;
- Captain I Class 1999;
- Major 2003;
- Lieutenant Colonel 2008;
- Colonel 2013;
- Brigadier 2020.
- Section for Planning and Analysis of Military Capabilities;
- Development and Integration Section;
- Section for Development of Military Capabilities, Standardization, Interoperability and Capability Goals and
- Reserve Forces and Mobilization Section.