It determinates the needs and priorities when planning military tasks for armed forces, their organization, formation and structure, capacity and capabilities, integration, development and improvement in order to reach the readiness of ARM necessary for armed conflicts and other tasks, so that it implements its constitutional function to defend Republic of Macedonia, as well as supporting other state institutions to relieve the consequences from crises and emergencies.
- Strategically analyzes the security situation which might influence military training and Defence strategy development, doctrine, and principles of ARM;
- Writes long-term, mid-term and short-term plans, relevant analysis and strategic working documents for working and functioning of ARM;
- Participates in planning of ARM operations to defend R. Macedonia, supports MIA in their task of securing the state borders, deals with asymmetric threats and terrorism, supports local management in protecting critical infrastructure and crises management after different natural disasters;
- Determines the needs and priorities in order to plan the tasks for armed forces, their organization, formation and structure, capacity and capabilities including the ones in GS and commands in ARM;
- Functionally analyzes the structure of the armed forces, their efficiency, sustainability and capabilities as well as future needs of ARM (concerning doctrine, organization, personnel, equipment, training, logistical support, infrastructure and resources) in order to be interoperable and compatible with NATO;
- Coordinates and integrates armed forces in the ARM structure and defines the necessity of restructuring of the armed forces;
- Writes reports about the analysis of the defence capabilities of ARM, as well as writes reports for PARP and ANMP in NATO.
Colonel Simeon Trajkovski
Date and place of birth:
May 3, 1969 in Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
- Command Staff School in the Republic of Croatia, 2004-2005;
- Military Academy of Land Forces, Belgrade, Artillery 1987-1991;
- Military High School “Bratstvo i Edinstvo”, Belgrade, 1983-1987.
- Course for 21st Century Leaders, Garmisch Partenkirchen, 2001;
- Program for Familiarization of Staff Officers of Partner Nations, Brussels 2003;
- CIMIC Course for Multinational Operations for Peace Support, Kristoni, 2003;
- Course for Defensive Diplomacy, Ohrid, 2009;
- Executive Seminar for Multinational Operations, Ohrid, 2005;
- Training for Commands of Combined Joined Purpose Forces, Brunssum, 2006;
- Course for Management in the Defense, Ohrid, 2009;
- Course for Public Relations Level 1, Skopje, 2014;
- Course for Leaders on a Strategic Level, Budva, Montenegro, 2014;
- NATO Defense College (NDC), Rome, Italy, 2017/2018.
- Level of Education VII/2 MBA (Master of Business Administration) 2013.
In its military career has performed several command and staff duties in the Army of Republic of Macedonia as:
- Platoon Commander;
- Battery Commander;
- Chief of Department for Bilateral Cooperation with European Countries;
- Counselor for Bilateral Cooperation;
- Officer for Planning and Training in J-5 Joined Operations Command of NATO in Brunssum, the Kingdom of the Netherlands;
- Executive officer in ARM CGS Office;
- Deputy Chief of ARM CGS Office;
Participation in international missions:
- Second Lieutenant (1991)
- Lieutenant (1992)
- Captain (1995)
- Captain I Class (1999)
- Major (2003)
- Lieutenant Colonel (2008)
- Colonel (2013)
- Silver badge of ARM
- Gold badge of ARM
- Praised and awarded by a Defense Minister, Chief of GS of ARM, Brigade Commander
- English – IELTS 6.0
- Serbian – excellent knowledge
- Croatian – excellent knowledge
- Greek – partial knowledge
Married, father of two.
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Phone: 22-52; 070/403-436
Organization structure of J-5/GS
- Military Planning Department
- Forces Structure and Integration Department