To manage the ARM personnel in peace and war time, to perform analysis and implement the legislatives and regulations, to conduct selection and instruction of the personnel during the service, to take care of the morale and the state of the ARM personnel.
J-1 is an organizational unit of the General Staff which implements the Personnel management in the ARM and performs the following tasks:
- It plans, runs and implements the system of selection, promotion and instructing of the personnel.
- Professionally manages officers, NCOs, professional soldiers and civilians in the ARM.
- Plans and implements the programs for professional development, military schooling, military education in the country and abroad.
- Analyzes and posts personnel according to the priorities for filling of the units and their readiness.
- It develops and implements programs in the field of social security.
- It performs valuation and analysis of the morale and the state of the personnel and takes actions for the improvement of the same through adequate measures and procedures.
- It develops and implements programs in the field of cultural and recreational activities.
- It plans and performs the archival work in the General Staff of the ARM, and for that purpose it receives, records and distributes the entirely arrived post – acts at the GS of the ARM.
- It has a close cooperation with all G-organizations for more efficient performance of the duties which are closely related to G-1.
- In fulfilling its functions it entirely follows the Defense Act, Act for military service in the ARM, Industrial. Relations Act, Law on Pension and Disability Insurance, as well as other laws and bylaws which regulate the defense of the RM.
Colonel Gjorgji Mitrinovski
Date and place of birth:
23.04.1964, Pehchevo, Republic of Macedonia
- Military High School “Bratstvo Edinstvo”, Belgrade, 1978-1982;
- Land Forces Military Academy, Air Defence, Belgrade, 1982-1986;
- Command and Staff Duties Specialization, Military Academy: Mihajlo Apostolski”, Skopje, 1996-1997;
- NATO Defence College, Rome, Italy, 2009-2010.
Training and courses:
- Training for Family Support of Peacekeepers’ families;
- Defence Attaché Course;
- Training for giving and Interpretation of Professional Development Survey;
- Basic and Advanced Course for Transition Advisers;
- Executive Programme, George Marshal Center for Security Studies, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany;
- Microsoft Project Management Course;
- Human Management Course, organized by the UK;
- Multinational Operations Orientation Course, Oberammergau, Germany;
- Multinational Operations C-42 Course, Oberammergau, Germany;
- Using MANPADS for Strela-10 and Igla;
- NATO Course for Air Defence, Riga, Latvia;
- Course for Using Giraffe Radar.
- Air Defence Platoon Commander;
- Air Defence Battery Commander;
- Morale Officer at the Air Defence Regiment;
- Operations Training Officer at the Air Defence Regiment;
- Air Defence Division Deputy Commander;
- Air Defence Division Commander;
- GS Assistant, Operations Training Officer at the Air Defence Regiment;
- Acting Air Defence Regiment Commander;
- Battalion Commander, Petrovec Airport Commander;
- Chief of Personnel Management, Deputy Chief of G-1/GS of ARM;
- Head of Transition Department at the Human Resource Department at the MoD;
- Chief of J-1/GS of ARM.
- Second Lieutenant 1986-1987
- Lieutenant 1987-1991
- Captain 1991-1995
- Captain 1st Class 1995-1998
- Major 1998-2003
- Lieutenant Colonel 2003-2010
- Colonel 2010
Other skills and activities:
- Establishing a system for family support for peacekeepers’ families;
- Deputy Head of Working Group for legal regulations of officers’ professional development;
- Team member of the International Project „Defence Conversion”, Defence Cooperation Center RACVIAC;
- Chair of Working Group for Military Personnel Reduction and Transition, Defence Cooperation Center RACVIAC;
- Designer and participant of a few reformation projects in the human resource management at the MoD (Officers’ Professional Development Concept, Resettlement Programme, Information System for Personnel Management and etc.);
- Tactics and Operations Teacher at the postgraduate studies for Command and Staff Duties;
- Teacher of the subject „Theory and Rules for Using APE in the AD” for the first year of the undergraduate studies.
- Two monetary rewards;
- A few Certificates of Commendation and Appreciation.
Married, two children.
Organization structure of J-1/GS of ARM
- Section for personnel management and professional development;
- Section for legal matters;
- Section for morale, social security and recreation;
- Section for administrative, post and archival matters.