Within the period from 16 to 20 March 2015, at the Training Center (TC) Pepelishte there was an introductory planning conference for “Macedonian Flash 11” exercise.
The planning of the exercise was realized based on the Plan for Evaluation of the declared units according to the Concept for Operational Abilities and the Directive for Planning Exercises Bi-SCD 75-3.
During the opening of the planning conference the primary and secondary goals of the IPC were presented and the necessary documents for the third module of the scenario were developed: United Nations Security Council Resolutions and Ceasefire agreement; Strategic evaluation of the region, Guidelines for activating of the North Atlantic Council and Guidelines for planning by the Strategic Commander of NATO in Europe, SACEUR (Supreme Allied Commander Europe).
In the remainder of the conference the following activities took place:
- initial identification of the personnel for controlling the exercise;
- preliminary identification of the main events lists;
- identification of the necessary requests from commands and units that support the exercise;
- identification of the tasks and determining the terms for primary and secondary units for training
- deploying capacities for the units at TA Krivolak
During the IPC on 19 March there was a scouting of the terrain by the НЈ-7/GS of ARM, the management of the exercise, commanders of the evaluated units and the directors of the evaluating teams, in order to grasp the needs and possibilities of the engineering organization of the area in deployment of the units and creating conditions for a more successful completion of the “Macedonian Flash 11” exercise.